FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problem Using 'Natural Selection' *Please Help*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ibis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Problem Using 'Natural Selection' *Please Help* Reply with quote

Everytime the game begins to load, it boots me. I have reloaded the software twice and still can not get on to play. Is there any reason for this?
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it giving you any reasons why it is doing this?? Some info to work off of would be helpful as well. What OS etc..

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ibis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey nips.

No, it goes through the regular screen where it tells you all the stats like how many are playing, how much time is left, then, like when playing TF, a few things load like sprites. It is here when it kicks me and tells me the 'connection can not be completed'. It gives no other warning or explaination.

BTW, I am running XP and have no problem running TF, DoD. Oddly enough, when I first downloard the program, I played in an empty room to see the game and try to figure it out. Since then, I can not get on.
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that maybe some files could be corrupted. Anyone else thinking the same thing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5th GHG E.G. Mine wrote:
I'm thinking that maybe some files could be corrupted. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

That's actually exactly what I'm thinking now. Sounds like you may have to go through the trouble of re-downloading and installing and trying that. It may not have downloaded correctly for some reason. Also try downloading it from another site. You may have just got a bad copy of it.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
sharkbyte
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with TF, one time. Are you opening in full-screen?

I found that, when in full-screen, the system produces an error message but it closes when TFC closes.

Open in window mode, and see if it produces an error message. Might help point you in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Update! Reply with quote

I have uninstalled the software. Re-downloaded it from The Ville. Re-installed it sucsessfully.....and it still kicks me.

You know when you log on, a list of rules come on and it says how many are in the game and no swearing, yadda yadda. My connection is complete, it looks ready to rock.....then the first of a few sprites start loading(like in TF it is palm trees or the ville logo in the sky), but it kicks me right there.

I am at a loss guys. My seven year old son wants to see alien guts and I am sad I can not fullfill his dream!

Any more suggestions?
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharkbyte wrote:
I had a similar problem with TF, one time. Are you opening in full-screen?

I found that, when in full-screen, the system produces an error message but it closes when TFC closes.

Open in window mode, and see if it produces an error message. Might help point you in the right direction.

Try this Ibis. I haven't had the problem you are having but I have heard this on a few occasions. Are you running 2000 for your OS?? This has been the most frequent time it's happened is when your running 2000 for an OS. If memory serves me right that is.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: