FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Microphone

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Microphone Reply with quote

Sup peeps i have like 3 diff mic's that i have found scatterd around my house and i am trying to get atleaset 1 of them to work well when i try to run the hl voice comm setup thing it says cant initalize the waveout can anyone help me?

DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likey it is the sound card.. CHeck to see wht you have. I t need to be full duplex so it can send and record at the same time
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats probably why but i have no clue how to figure out if its duplex or not is their a way to tell?

DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any idea what is the brand and model of the card or is it built in on the mb?

DK
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know its not a build in 1 cuz it comes from a PCI slot but anyfurther than that i dont know but o well i guess i should have found out more b4 i tried

Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is the same for you, but I cannot setup the mike using the voice-tweak application. Same error message as you.

Still, the mike is working anyway in-game. if you want to test it without going into HL, go in your control panel, you may have an audio Head Quarter where you can record your voice. That's the way I knew the mike was working.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw man thx paddy i just found a sound recorder on my comp and tried it and it worked ill go try it in game sometime thx for help and thx DK for keepin the thread alive heh

Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok wouldnt let me edit last post (# 100 btw ) but when i used the mic recorder thing it workd so i went into hl and it gave me this crap thing

Unable to initialize DirectSoundCapture. Trying waveIn.The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the
Capabilities function to determine the supported formats.
Unable to initialize wave input. You won't be able to speak to other players through a microphone.

so i have no clue how to get past it anyone know?

PondScm007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what did you do in HL for it to give it to you?

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothin its always done this i just figured id post this cuz its sayin its not working

osiris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice Setup

Apparently the Voice Setup will not run if a secondary audio device is present (e.g. a modem). If you have problems running the utility (e.g. the "Can't initialize waveIn/waveOut" errors), try the following:

Try disabling modem sound device in Device Manager. This seems to be the most successful thing to try.
Try disabling hardware acceleration to 'none' under the advanced audio settings in the Sounds/Multimedia category in the Control Panel.
If there is no Voice Setup icon in your Start menu, browse to your Half-Life folder and run voice_tweak.exe.
If you are using a Sound Blaster card, try uninstalling your current drivers and install the WDM drivers for your version of Windows from the Windows Update sitehttp://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

Some users gave up on running the voice tweak utility and did the following:

Add the lines voice_enable "1" and voice_loopback "1" to your autoexec.cfg file in notepad for the appropriate mod (e.g. \tfc\autoexec.cfg). If the file doesn't exist, create one, or you can simply enter the commands at the console.
Turn up the playback and recording levels in Half-Life under Multiplayer > Customize.
Bind a key to voice communication under Configuration > Controls.
Join a game and speak. You should be able to hear yourself if set up properly (there will be a short delay).
Remember to set the speaker and microphone volumes in Windows if needed.
Other commands to try are voice_dsound "1", voice_scale "1", voice_maxgain "1", voice_fadeouttime "0.05".
Full Duplex PCI Only?

"For the Voice Chat to work, the user must have a sound card that is Full Duplex and is NOT ISA. Only PCI cards are supported with the new Voice system. At least this is what we found in our compatibility run on sounds cards running it correctly." - Marc Nagel of Sierra

Contrary to what Marc has said, we have received several e-mails stating that this can be fixed by disabling half duplex for the modem under soundcard options in Device Manager.
Distorted Sound

One reader reports that +voicerecord cannot be bound to the INS, DEL, HOME, END, PGUP, or PGDN keys. Binding the voice communication to another key or button may fix the problem.
Try disabling EAX or A3D support off in Half-Life if you are experiencing random sound problems, such as distortion, echoes, or looped sounds.
Try Windows' Start > Run... and type in dxdiag. Let the DirectX Diangostics program load, then select the sound tab and set hardware acceleration to none.
Voice Echoing

Try disabling wave recording, while leaving mic recording enabled.

Sound Cuts Out

This is a common problem in Half-Life when Alt+Tabbing out of the game. Try hitting the escape key to return to the menu then clicking Resume Game.
If the sound cuts out in the middle of the game, try disabling EAX or A3D support in Half-Life.
Players report that if after the sound cuts out someone uses the voice comm, their name will popup on the screen and the speaker icon appears over their heads for the rest of the game. No word on how to work around this.
You Hear Players but Noone Hears You

This may seem obvious, but make sure you have a working microphone properly configured and firmly plugged into the correct jack on your soundcard.
Make sure your mic is not muted, the Voice Tweak utility may have inadvertently muted it. The advanced volume settings can be found under Sounds/Multimedia category in the Control Panel.
Bind a key to use voice communication in the Half-Life controls menu. You need to hold this key to talk.

well i hope that helps!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: