FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Web Hosting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Web Hosting Reply with quote

Okay, Im going to be placing my graphics design site on the web. I was using freewebz but they had a pollicy (which they did not mention in their "read me") that allows you to only upload max 50 files onto your free website. Now I have to pay them. This is not accept able for me and I can get better hosting else where (which you will see). Anyways, Ive spent long hours on the web searching for a good decent webhost (that support MySQL and PHP 4.2.3) and heres what I have found:

lowcostwebhosting.ca
Unfortunatly I cannot connect to their homepage, and it was a decent canadian webhosting service too. Their site might be back up, however, so I decided to post their specs.

Annual Fee $107.50(CND)
Setup Fee Free
Data Transfer 5000MB (5GB)
Disk Space 125MB
FTP Accounts Unlimited
Sub Domains Unlimited
MySQL 1
PHP 4.2.3 Support yes

www.gisol.com
An excellent webhost, prices are probably in USD but that ok for what I get. I may go for their $7.95/month plan or the $9.95/month plan only real difference is that most of the MySQL accounts and all that are nearly doubled.

Monthly Fee $7.95 - 90 days free ($23.85 value)
Setup Fee Free ($49 value)
Data Transfer 45GB
Disk Space 500MB
POP3 E-Mail Accounts Unlimited
FTP Accounts 2
Sub Domains 10
MySQL 5
PHP 4.2.3 Support yes
Custom Error Pages yes
Password Protected Directories yes

Then there is www.myqth.com
Basically I get all of the features above bit I get 30GB Data Transfer, 1 MySQL account, and PHP 4 support (I don't know what version).

Please tell me which one of these you think is better. I am going to stick with these ones, I am happy with them so I probably won't be interested in other Webhosts.

Thanks,
[RS]Potato-VS-[/b]
Robert E. Lee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Research this website.. Search for those companies you listed and see what there track record is. Most of the time cheaper isn't better. It took me a month to decide what webhost I was gonna use when I moved The Ville.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course with the Ville's Web Server being...

RIGHT HERE IN HENDERSON, NEVADA! (cheap pop)

I can't complain

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PondScm007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCHosting.com has an insane deal on a linux server for a while, im probbably gogin to get one for this archiving project in architecture... soooo cheap though, $19.00 a month for 1 gig space, 20gig bandwidth, unlimited emails, 250k+ seacrch engine registrations...sexy

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to research it, rob. My aunt will help me with that she knows how to find a companies track record in like 5 min shes done it so much... Anyways, thanks for the advice.

[RS]Potato-VS-
PondScm007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCHosting is tied into one of the 14? or something of the major internet hubs, so its hella fast, too

BR, yo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: